Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Brighton, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you looking to begin your career on a drilling rig? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment? If so, look no further than Precision Drilling! We are looking for High Performance candidates with grit and drive to join the Precision Family in the Colorado/Rocky Mountain area as Floorhands. As a Floorhand, you'll be on the front lines ensuring we deliver High Value solutions to our customers.
Precision Drilling has established itself as a U.S. market leader, delivering efficient, reliable High Performance land drilling services to customers in the U.S. with a fleet of more than 100 well-maintained drilling rigs. We are active in all major U.S. resource plays, working with the most demanding and technically advanced operators in the U.S. In the Rocky Mountain region, we operate a constantly growing fleet of Super Single and Triple AC/Amphion rigs. Our rigs and our Toughnecks are known as the best of the best when it comes to safety, technology and service to our customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Floorhand is responsible for safely and efficiently performing a variety of physically demanding tasks on and around the drilling rig, supporting equipment, structures and rig systems. Responsibilities of the Floorhand include:
- Assisting the Derrickhand, Motorhand and Driller on the drill floor while making trips;
- Operating manual tongs and slips to connect and disconnect drilling pipe and drilling bits or tools;
- Performing repairs and preventative maintenance of the drilling equipment and other components of the rig while adhering to Precision maintenance standards;
- Ensuring the drill floor is kept clean and other housekeeping activities on and around the rig including cleaning, washing, chipping and painting;
- Actively participate in safety meetings and adhering to all applicable safety regulations;
- Assisting the Derrickhand in mixing mud and chemicals;
- Assisting in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging down/out; and,
- Miscellaneous duties including but not limited to offloading/backloading trucks, nipple up/down, care of the blowout preventer (BOP) system, and monitoring the operation of the shakers, return tanks, mud pits and chemical sack area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- A valid driver's license as well as transportation to and from rig site
- Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
- Willingness to read and understand Precision's Key Beliefs, Target Zero Rules & Stop Work Authority
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision has more than a half century of operating history in North America and we have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the "leading employer" in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.