Company: NES GT
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer based in Lloydminster.
• Prepare project scope, AFE cost estimates, project schedules, job binders and monitoring costs during execution, start-up / commissioning.
• Coordinate construction activities to meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Provide technical support for troubleshooting and optimization of facilities and equipment
• Participate in PHA/HAZOP, P&ID, PSSR, technical review for major capital projects
• Provide technical support for day to day operations
• Provide support to other project engineers for the completion of high priority projects
• Interface with pipeline operations and maintenance personnel to ensure cost effective solutions
• Provide input into engineering specifications, standards, and procedures related to mechanical equipment and piping.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Graduate of Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program with previous experience in mechanical / project management in Oil and Gas industries would be an asset.
• P. Eng Designation (registered either with APEGA (Alberta) or APEGS (Saskatchewan))
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Experience in the application of CSA Z662, Piping codes B31.3, ASME section VIII Division 1, API 650 / 653
• Excellent interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a team environment
• Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Project
• Understand regulatory requirements with ECON, AER, NEB for Pipeline, and Alberta, Saskatchewan Boiler Branch for pressure piping and pressure vessel
• Valid Class 5 driver's license
• Confined Space Ticket
• First Aid
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.