Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position will join Marathon's Digital Field Technology group supporting SCADA applications for our North American Resource Plays. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of SCADA implementation and development along with strong collaboration skills and a team mindset.
- Develop and implement SCADA applications using Wonderware 2014 per Marathon guidelines
- Perform upgrades and software patching for Marathon's North America SCADA systems
- Support field SCADA and operations personnel with new facility implementations and issue resolution
- Perform troubleshooting of field SCADA systems, working with local SCADA teams and IT Services to resolve issues
- Assist field and IT Services teams with troubleshooting communications systems
- Assist with other SCADA activities as directed by the Houston SCADA manager and Wonderware team lead
- Education: College Degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required. Certification in Wonderware ArchestrA System Platform and Wonderware Historian is preferred
- Work Experience: (5 yrs+) Wonderware SCADA Developer / Administrator in Oil and Gas preferred
- Skills Required: Highly collaborative with the ability to effectively work with all levels of Marathon and external contacts. High degree of initiative and proven capability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be service and team oriented. Experience with AutoSol and TopServer a plus
Location and Travel
- Based in Houston, reporting to the Manager - IT SCADA Systems
- Travel expectation: periodic travel to field offices and facilities
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 29224 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.