Job Description Accountability
- Serves as focal point for critical safety processes as Permit to Work, Lifting & Hoisting, Scaffolding, Driving, Transport & Material Handling, Energy Isolation, Confined Space Entry, and Working at Heights
- Providing support for Pearl GTL's Contractor Safety Management Process that meets the overall Shell HSSE Control frame work requirements
- Provide support for Monitoring, assessing, auditing and reviewing the safety management process at specified frequencies for effectiveness
- Where necessary takes more formal intervention to ensure compliance. Generally, carries out, and acts upon, hazard spotting. Actively engages with the workforce to help them improve their safety performance.
- Provide support for Incident Management - Emergency Response, Reporting, Classification, Investigation & Closeout Assurance.
- Contributes to Stand-downs, providing topics and facilitating delivery as required. Shares learning / good practices with other field safety inspectors. Key role in contractor oversight; safety planning, including contributing to risk assessment and advising on the control of potential safety hazards associated with work to be conducted at the site.
- Builds sustainable relationships and integrates well with facility teams to collaborate and gain cooperation.
- Drives safety into the natural work processes of the various facilities teams;
- Provides oversight of the safety action tracking system to ensure that key actions are acted upon and managed through to completion.
- Conducts gap assessments of Site guidance documents against QSGTL policy providing technical writing updates of procedures, policies, and forms.
- Develops communications plans for significant changes to safety related documentation targeting affected personnel, Prepares and presents approved crafted, safety messages to various audiences.
- Provides oversights of Provides oversight of regulatory compliance for assigned facility operations through safety walks of the facility.
- Collaborates on teams to deliver industrial hygiene plans (heat stress, noise, dust, radiation, chemical handling and use)
- Audits the health of process barriers, identifies solutions for weaknesses found, and communicates to stakeholders
- Supports culture change to achieve Goal Zero through behavioural safety engagements and timely themes aimed to modify undesired cultural behaviours.
- The Qatar Shell GTL Asset is an integrated upstream / downstream world scale Gas to Liquids Plant in the State of Qatar in partnership with Qatar Petroleum. Qatar Shell GTL is critical for both the Shell Group and Qatar through the establishment of a new industry by introducing a new technology that generates clean products for the world market.
- This position provides a unique opportunity to have a direct influence on the safe and operation of Shell's largest ever single capital investment. The incumbent will also develop an understanding of establishing new ventures in what is likely to become a Shell heartland.
- 2,000 to 3,000 contractor partners on site. During the turnaround, this number can be as high as 8,000 ranging from facility management, maintenance, engineering to field project constructions.
- Position is based at Ras Laffan. The demands of the role are dynamic and more than 50% of the work is in the field at plant site.
- No staff is reporting to this role
- This position is an individual contributor and is expected to function with a high degree of autonomy.
- Work Priorities can shift often with short notice. Some weekend work expected depending on project schedules.
- Support delivery of Goal Zero and Safe and Reliable Production at Shell's largest and most profitable Asset.
- Demonstrate personal belief in Goal Zero and role model the Goal Zero Commitments of Pearl GTL. Remain passionate about Goal Zero combined with a healthy level of chronic unease about the current HSSE performance.
- Maintain excellent relations with the internal and external stakeholders and clearly communicate the Business requirements and collaborate with the HSSE Functions to ensure management of HSSE risks and compliance with the applicable Functional requirements.
- Effectively communicate and engage with a large organization. Key stakeholders are HSSE Functions, Contractor Partners, Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Technology, Projects, and Turnaround Teams.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the HSSE Functions. Collaborate with the Functions to ensure management of HSSE risks and compliance with the applicable Functional requirements. Support in delivery and assurance of the HSSE Functional improvement plans.
- Passionate about Personal and Process Safety and the delivery of Goal Zero in a challenging multi-cultural environment
Shell is the largest foreign investor in Qatar and has invested US$ 21 billion in Qatar alone in the past six years. Joining Shell in Qatar will see you work on some of the world's most innovative energy projects: Pearl GTL and Qatargas 4. Innovation is key at Shell, and your career will be propelled by Shell's commitment to your career, which will accelerate your learning curve and broaden your scope. Moreover, our diverse pool of global experts will see you engage with colleagues worldwide. Qatar is the world's largest LNG supplier, and Shell's global leadership in LNG will help forge growth in the years to come.Requirements Experience and Qualifications required
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (preferably in Science subjects)
- NEBOSH IGC (National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health - International General Certificate) or similar certification or equivalent HSE experience
- NEBOSH Diploma will be a strong advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Energy, Oil/Gas or Chemical Processing industry - in Operations or HSE
- A self-starter with analytical skills and ability to organize and plan activities independently
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team with members of various backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is an essential requirement for the job
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.