Job Description Purpose:
In Shell, the Contracting and Procurement (CP) function is responsible for all third party (non-hydrocarbon) spend. Procurement Manager (PM) is an important frontline role responsible for leading and managing all contracting & procurement activities for Downstream Trading & Supply Products and Operations (T&S) Organization in India. The PM will be responsible to manage Bulk Fuels Road Transportation, Third Party Storage and Engineering categories for T&S India business.
India is High Risk country and hence role demands high focus on ensuring required compliance adherence from all 3rd party business partners for minimum HSSE standards prescribed by Shell while ensuring that all required due diligence are carried out for all the categories.
PM would also be required to provide support for applicable contracting & procurement activities to LNG and Chemicals - new businesses in India, which are New Market Entry / under Growth Phase. Accountabilities
PM in this role will lead, contribute and deliver E2E contracting & procurement activities, as required by the Category and Contracting Process (CMCP) manual of Shell and for T&S India for above listed categories in a safe, compliant, agile and in cost-efficient manner. The PM will;
- Be accountable for effective identification & delivery of Enterprise Value through category based, innovative /creative commercial solutions
- Proactively engage with various business stakeholders to assess business demand & needs;
- Ensuring Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach is adopted while delivering key Business priorities, efficient delivery of Category Strategies and PACM.
- Provide strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the business users and applying best practices in the procurement of all Goods and Services.
- Support CP Transformation agenda, closer integration between CP and business, Best in Class Contract Management, speed and simplification opportunities
- Ensure RTP - Requisition to Pay (Payment on time, Non-Compliant PO, PO Automation), HSSE compliance against targets are met
- Manage external interface with Suppliers (Road Transport Hauliers, EPC, EPMS & Maintenance suppliers) to resolve operational and/or supplier performance issues related to the contracts. Support initiatives to develop and upskill local contractor competencies.
- Working with the Country Lead PM, Regional and Global Category Management teams to develop and implement category strategies especially for Road Transport, OSP etc.
- Assist review of global / regional category roadmap for category and derive country specific strategy to support growth in required manner.
- Provide support to Category Teams to drive category led initiatives like market surveys, benchmarking, analysis work etc.
- Ensure relationship management and required interface with Local, Regional and Global Contract Boards, based on the threshold value of the contracts finalized
- Demonstrate desire to learn insight for market players, TCO, Cost Model, future trends, cost model simulation & design, benchmarking etc. Also learn local supply markets in India, cost drivers, value leavers and major suppliers for the category in the country. Role demands learning for external / market insight to keep category plans and delivery, compliant and competitive.
- Manage, nurture & support Supplier Relationship. Act as face of Shell to all external business partners & exhibiting required leadership for effective relationship management.
- Prepare & issue tenders, lead commercial negotiations with business users, facilitate implementation of contracts and supplier onboarding, providing conduit between Contract Holders / Users in Business and suppliers for resolution of operational issues, Contract / Supplier performance issues and manage conflict resolution in agile and effective manner.
- Responsible to ensure that contracts are operationalized effectively (as per CMCP compliance requirements) in SAP ARIBA (Tool used in Shell to manage procurement for Shell), in ERP (SAP) and are efficiently managed as per standardized Requisition to Pay (RtP) process within the KPIs to support payment process.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in terms of managing e2e contracting process through SAP Ariba, responsible for carrying out Supplier Qualification, Integrity Due Diligence, Assessment of vendors for Safety, Financial Stability, compliance to Supplier Principles etc.
- Support & Deliver contract management competency development programs for Contract Owners and Holders
- Work closely with Contract Holders to derive appropriate Contract segmentation, risk segmentation, preparation for Scope of work for tender purpose
- Support CMT (Contract Management Team) to drive Best in Class Post Award Contract Management (PACM) e.g. BPRs (Business Performance Review)., support to CO (Contract Owner)/ CH (Contract Holder) for onboarding in ARIBA etc.
- Responsible to ensure required adherence to PGS process while buying goods and services for the category as well as ensure required compliance as per GST laws to ensure suppliers are paid on time and as per contract terms.
- Ensure required adherence to Group Risk & Insurance compliance requirements are met all the time for all the contracts.
- Participate and where required, lead Continuous Improvement initiatives for T&S India
- Support, participate and lead, where required, CP and Business Assurance activities where scope cover contract or contractor management.
- Be the "face" for CP for the T&S business in India. This means working seamlessly and collaboratively with CP Operations team supporting T&S.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements Special Challenges
- This is a critical frontline role which requires PM to effectively manage multiple stakeholders with different interests, conflicting priorities and goals, without comprising delivery of both Business and CP objectives
- As the PM will be working in virtual team, PM is expected to be a self-starter and someone who can work independently with minimal direction
- Relentless focus to ensure Goal Zero by ensuring appropriate contract provisions and language in contracts, supporting supplier accreditation and HSSE performance management and sustaining the right mindset across the team and with suppliers.
- Ability to develop strong partnership with key external business partners to support business deliver growth in a compliant, agile, cost effective and in sustainable manner.
- Quick learner to understand 3rd party storage landscape in India, Logistics Industry in India with special focus for Bulk Road Transport segmentation across India to develop and apply knowledge of the market to look for ways to drive efficiency and ensure HSSE & cost targets are met.
- Manage and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders proactively and professionally to influence current working practices and to ensure business buy-in and alignment in new approaches to work and defined end-results.
- Requires an understanding or ability to learn Supply Chain specific economic & financial fundamentals for presentations to senior leadership to take quick decisions.
- Good stakeholder management skill & ability to deal with various levels of the organization.
- Able to think strategically across business lines and have an Enterprise-wide mindset ensuring we maximize value across COBs.
- Good analytics skills as the role requires need to analyze complex cost models and data.
- Right candidate would be someone who is constantly looking for new value opportunities, bold and ready to embrace change when the occasion calls for it
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience managing E2E procurement / Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering preferred), MBA would be an advantage, MCIPS qualification (Professional qualification for procurement professionals) desired but not must.
- Proven track record of delivering results, execution excellence, sourcing capability, managing change and desire for customer focus.
- Quick learner with ability to apply learnings quickly, think fast on the ground and Resilient in the face of adversity
- Hands-on procurement and/or commercial experience, with good negotiation skills and exposure to developing and managing suppliers/business partners
- Proven Leadership skills, interpersonal & Communications skills with ability to influence others
- Pro-active, demonstrates initiative and drive.
- Able to manage e2e procurement in ERP (SAP). knowledge of SAP Ariba is added advantage.
- Good at data analysis and data crunching with ability to develop various scenarios.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with Procurement processes and in managing categories/ contracting models.
- Ability to work and deliver in virtual teams and in cross-cultural environment
- Comfortable working in a virtual team environment with regular connects with Category Managers and peers based in other locations in countries and regions.
- Well-developed analytical skills, strong commercial mindset, constantly looking for opportunities to create value through innovation and transformation
- A strong partner to the business, who can understand the needs and requirements of the business and ensure that the category/contract strategy deliver against needs & requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the Trading & Supply, Having Technical, Engineering & Construction or Project Management, Road Transport / Logistics knowledge/experience will be an added advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.