Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Other Skills: Project Accounting, Oil and Gas experience, Experience in the reporting of large projects, SOC/POC
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are currently recruiting for Project Accountant to join our team. The Project Accountant is responsible for month end reporting, managing working capital and overseeing invoicing. The role will involve preparing and reviewing financial information to both internal and external parties such as the client and external auditors.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts, explanation of reporting variances, and assistance with board commentary for relevant regions/areas.
• Manage reporting of large projects, POC, Target Cost, Fixed Price
• Management of the accounts assistants, overseeing all external billings and ensuring that all invoices issues comply with the terms and conditions of the contract.
• Daily and weekly WIP review to ensure that all rechargeable work is invoiced on a timely basis.
• Review of WIP with Engineers and Contract Managers ensuring resolution of all queries to facilitate prompt and accurate billing while also reducing the outstanding WIP
• Resolution of credit control queries and implementing checks (developing best practice) to reduce invoice queries and late payment.
• Liaising with clients on invoice queries and dispute resolution.
• Timely customer escalation and KPI calculation
• Balance sheet code ownership/reconciliations for relevant databases
• Assisting in the preparation of quarterly forecasts and yearly budgeting.
• Involvement in the year-end audit process, providing information to external auditors, and client auditors.
• Custodian of Group Accounting Policies and responsibility to ensure they are applied consistently throughout regions.
• Assisting with ad hoc projects as required.
Qualifications and experience
• The successful candidate will be a team player and self-starter, with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
• Financial background with good previous experience in reporting and tracking costs against budget, investigating variances and revising finance processes.
• Experience in the reporting of large projects, SOC/POC
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting
• Strong ability to produce financial documentation
• Experience of invoicing & purchasing systems
• Ability to lead finance review meetings and challenge forecasts/costs
• Team management experience
• Good communication skills
• MS Office with strong Excel skills
• Ability to cost & build business cases