Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Manages personal development and keeps informed on current Schlumberger Drilling technology and strategy
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD's following the equip training program.
- Follows the equip program and competency requirements (if applicable). - Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance objectives, and determines the need for additional training in a fair and consistent manner
- Mentors less experienced personnel.
- Leads any directional drilling job
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Develops expertise on advanced ell planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Documents all Incident / accident events on the job, and at the office, in Quest.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
- Prepares end of well reports / client's final product delivery.
- Acts as the Drilling & Measurements - client focal point for drilling operations at the rig site.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative, rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Actively participates in Knowledge sharing
- Ensures all Drilling & Measurements reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
- Follows and complies with all Schlumberger SQ, HSE and IT standards, wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) or equivalent
- Minimum three years' of directional drilling experience.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
Schlumberger is looking for professionals to be a part of a dynamic team. In pursuit of talent to deliver a world class service for the world's leading O&G pore to pipeline company, we encourage professionals meeting the abovementioned criteria to apply and be a part of our success story. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.