Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of SharePoint and Search Developer located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through January 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The End User Solutions Asset team supports the enterprise-wide deployment of different platforms and applications (such as SharePoint, Enterprise Search, Yammer, and Project Server) which facilitates collaboration and enhanced productivity that helps to enable Chevron to effectively manage information through its entire lifecycle, as well as improving collaboration within the company and with external partners. The successful candidate for this position will benefit from learning different technologies within the End User Solutions Asset (EUSA) organization and how it is being utilized throughout the enterprise, as well as broad exposure to multiple business partners across the globe. EUSA is also one of the first organizations heavily involved in the forefront of Chevron's shift to the cloud, with the SharePoint Next project in full swing. This role also offers immersion into EUSA's operational and change management processes and to strengthen their ITIL/ITSM proficiency.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Application Development & Integration: This position provides project support and consulting for implementing, operating, maintaining, enhancing, testing and integrating enterprise roadmap collaboration solutions, primarily focused on the Global SharePoint Service (GSPS) and related technologies within the Collaboration & Search product tower. These include out of the box SharePoint Designer and native SharePoint UI, automation scripts used for installation, configuration and migration of content across on-premise and cloud solutions, deploying the SharePoint App Model, Manage Metadata & Search Services, and applying information retention and auto archiving functionality. Captures requirements and translates them into technical solutions. Determine and document the solution design, including all development tasks that are necessary to address all applicable requirements.
• Ensures solutions adhere to technology standards including, but not limited to coding, platform and architecture standards. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs. Understands application development methodologies, patterns, services, and object oriented design.
• Platform Support: Manage the build of on-premise SharePoint platforms.
• Facilitate operational assurance knowledge transfer with operations team for services moving to production. Works with operations team to troubleshoot incidents or provide level 3 support when required.
• Business Consulting: Translate business partner requirements and processes into effective SharePoint solutions. Configure, design, develop and test SharePoint Solutions, web parts, workflows and InfoPath forms in order to improve business processes.
Strong customer focus. Advocates operational excellence by proactively doing a step ahead of what the customers need, thus, thinking and initiating process improvements.
Good verbal communication skills and has the ability to work in a global team.
Flexible and willing to work outside his/her comfort zone.
• Ability to design and document a custom solution.
• Ability to evaluate and design implementations for 3rd party tools.
• Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems.
• Ability to make clear, data-driven decisions based on available information.
• Experience developing enterprise applications in C#/.NET Framework.
• Experience with a scripting language such as PowerShell, Perl, VBScript.
• Competency with Visual Studio.
• Competency with SQL Server and writing & running SQL queries.
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web services.
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM Development Practices.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a team environment, understand and be responsive to project needs, and work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with global teams.
Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Applying knowledge of IS policies, standards, and procedures to work activities with own initiative
• Working to priorities set by manager; self-directed within broad guidelines
• 2+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions using the Microsoft technology stack.
• SharePoint 2013 & SharePoint Online / O365
• Windows Server 2012 / IIS 8
• SQL Server 2012
• 1+ years of experience building & configuring multi-server SharePoint farms using PowerShell.
• 1+ years of experience designing, developing and implementing enterprise class solutions on SharePoint.
• Competence with a source control repository or basic knowledge of TFS.
• Knowledge of SharePoint farm architecture & topology.
• Experience with SharePoint APIs.
• Server Side OM
• REST APIs
• Experience with developing and deploying apps using the SharePoint App Model.
• Experience with leading edge Microsoft technology stack.
• Experience implementing test automation and continuous integration.
• Experience with other programming languages and non-Microsoft platforms.
• Security and Authentication technologies
• SDLC, Agile/Scrum
• Business Analytics , business intelligence
• Documentum; Other Document Management systems
• Web Publishing systems
• Business Analysis
• Requirements Analysis
• Consulting Experience
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.