Skills: Maintenance Technician, Production Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood has a number of offshore career opportunities offering great benefits, competitive pay and long-term growth potential. If you work in the Gulf of Mexico as a Lead, A, or B Operator, then we'd like to speak with you!
The job description below is for a B Operator working offshore for one of our top clients operating in the Gulf of Mexico. The work schedule is 14x14 with a work terminial out of Mouton Cove, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Can operate, monitor, test, and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Can monitor the performance of wells and production, calculate daily rates, well testing, perform some trouble shooting, monitor discharge water produced.
- Calculation of gas meter chart volumes in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volumes in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas.
- Can perform many of the record keeping requirements by BSEE and USCG on the following: weekly / monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
- Can operate, test, maintain, repair and record keep most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart.
- Ability to operate safety equipment including firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
- Can operate and maintain most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and little supervision.
- Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
- 1-2 years of experience required in oil and gas production, or accelerated on the job training in lieu of 3 yrs.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 4+ years' experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.