The Procurement Manager for Retail Marketing is responsible for leading procurement activities that will support the initiatives under Marketing categories i.e. Brand & Communications (B&C) and Convenience Retail (CR).
The focus of the role is to provide strong commercial influence in increasing revenue through Marketing and from Non-Fuel categories of Convenience Retail goods and services. This would include excellence in services related to Supply Chain partnership supporting convenience Retail, Food2Go, Private Label products (water, car care, coolants etc.), avenues for generating Supplier Fees and Site Partnering opportunities from Shell's Retail outlets.Job Accountabilities:
The expectations from the role is to provide key relationship management & interface with the Retail Business in India with responsibility to provide pro-active strategic procurement and contracts management for all Goods and Services supplied by third party vendors.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies of Marketing and Non Fuel Retail (NFR) and Convenience Retail (CR) categories for Shell India Retail based on Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP).
- Maintain sound understanding of the local supply markets in the country, the cost drivers, revenue generation opportunities and major suppliers in all Marketing/NFR/CR categories.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers (FMCG, Car Care, Tobacco, Food & Beverage) in accordance to the CMCP as an overall E2E process and 'guidance'.
- Ensure effective post award contract management while continuously drive value contribution, generate revenue as well as to continuously identify new opportunities.
- Lead the Supplier Fee negotiations for the FMCG and non-FMCG suppliers, based on parameter alignment with the market.
- Lead the process of ensuring that the appropriate level of post award Contract Management is developed, reviewed and executed for qualifying contracts.
- Ensure contract strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Set-up, operate and manage procurement tools like Ariba, SAP and manage HSSE performance through our HSSE Contractor Accreditation System (where applicable).
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal business partners (Shell India Retail Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve recommendations and/or constructively challenging the Business Demand and/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Support the Lead Procurement Managers in communicating with internal Retail business stakeholders. Ensure that the C&P function has one face to the Retail business
- Regularly and proactively engage with Retail Marketing team especially NFR/CR to understand their plans and requirements and ensure compliance with established procurement & category strategies, policies and procedures
- Manage & Support the relationships, commercial negotiations, implementation providing a conduit between Shell and suppliers in the resolution of operational, supplier performance issues & conflicts
- Provide coaching, support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Build effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within the immediate team.
Business Interfaces: Stakeholders in Business, Contract Holders, Finance, Contract Board Members
Function interfaces: Buyers, Procurement Managers, Global Category Managers, Finance, Safety Managers, other Subject Matter experts
Supplier Interfaces: Mid to Senior Staff
3rd Party Spend for Marketing categories in India is approx. US$ 30 - 40 million/YearCompany Description
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements Bachelor Degree with MBA; MCIPS qualification desired, not mustCandidate must have at least 5 years of hands-on experience managing end to end procurement, Supply Chain Management or Marketing in a leading organization preferably in related to Retail, FMCG industry with exposure in implementing contracts / managing Distributors or Retailers. Proven track record of delivering results, execution excellence, managing change and strong customer focusStrong procurement and/or commercial experience, ideally in services with excellent negotiation skills and exposure to developing and managing suppliers/business partners Proven Leadership skills, Strong interpersonal and Communications skills with ability to influence and motivate othersFluent in managing e2e procurement process in ERP, knowledge in SAP Ariba will be useful, strong in data analysis and data crunchingAbility to quickly get up to speed with Procurement processes and in managing categories/ contracting models.Ability to work and deliver in virtual teams in a cross cultural environment with strong stakeholder management skillsDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.