Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under general supervision, supports the Data Analysis group in the processing of SpectraScan and/or SpectraChem data and other data processes. In addition, produces client deliverables in the form of log plots, PowerPoint slides, posters, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtains necessary data and information from database or other sources (Sales staff; Operations; laboratory; and occasionally, external clients).
- Utilizes custom software applications to calibrate and depth correlate the data.
- Reviews input data for correctness and relevance based on visual examination.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to adjust parameters in software to obtain an accurate and quality output.
- Verifies Output. Reviews format and accuracy of print out.
- Confers with Data Analysts or the Manager Data Analysis for resolution of data/output issues.
- Operates various printers to produce final client deliverables.
- Saves output data to various file formats and media. Examples are log plots (paper and PDF), LAS (log ASCII standard) file, PowerPoint slides, posters, etc.
- Assists with special projects or work assignments as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree. Minimum 2 years of experience with data manipulation software preferred; experience in the oilfield industry preferred. Must have a solid working knowledge of Excel and Word and a demonstrated aptitude for working with data bases/computer programs.
Ability to read, comprehend and interpret basic and moderately complex instructional materials relating to procedures, safety, and/or applicable government regulations. Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly, using good business form and language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to respond fully to questions from managers, clients and fellow employees, or to refer those individuals to the correct source of information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply reasoning skills to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to use their fingers and hands to operate computers and other standard office equipment with reasonable dexterity and safety.
- The employee may infrequently be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
Work takes place in a normal office working environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.