Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To provide support for the servicing / calibration for Oceaneering NDT equipment used in the UK and overseas.
- To maintain and calibrate equipment used within the NDT Industry.
- Assist with the repair to component level of a wide range of electronic (mainly NDT equipment).
- Use of Oscilloscopes, function generators and millimeters is essential for RF testing/calibration.
- Use of a soldering iron essential for the manufacture of cable assemblies.
- Manufacture of minor electronic assemblies from standard parts for specialized projects.
- Servicing of mains rated equipment will require portable appliance testing in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Carryout work in a timely efficient manner in order to meet deadlines, changing priorities when the situation requires.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
. This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
A proven background in electronics and testing or BTEC/NVQ/ City & Guilds electronics qualification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- A flexible approach to learning new technologies is essential.
- Valid UK Driving License
- Undergo and pass a medical examination
- Good working and understanding of Microsoft packages i.e. Word and Excel
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.