Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for Hydraulic Technican. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Responsible for the effective preventative maintenance and where appropriate renewal of all MODU hydraulic equipment.
• Three (3) or more years in a mechanical or hydraulic role with prior offshore experience preferred
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Attend and participate in all pre-tour, post tour and weekly safety meetings
• Ensure that activities are conducted in accordance with Ensco Safe Systems of Work (SSOW)
• Maintain and repair all MODU equipment to minimize down time including drill floor equipment and crane hydraulics
• Have good working knowledge and understanding of the BOP control systems
• Maintain and repair thruster hydraulic and lubrication systems
• Liaise with manufacturer's representatives as required to troubleshoot equipment problems
• Maintain and update all hydraulic schematic drawings and be able to read same
• Execute maintenance on hydraulic equipment in adherence to Ensco's Preventative Maintenance System (PMS). Accurately document maintenance and repairs using the Ensco Asset Management System (EAMS)
• Ensure that activities are conducted in accordance with Ensco's Preventative Maintenance System (PMS)
• Accurately document maintenance and repairs using the Ensco Asset Management System (EAMS)
• Conduct repairs to hydraulic hoses, tubing, cylinders and other hydraulic components
• Maintain adequate parts inventory for all hydraulic systems and equipment
• Compliance with Ensco safety policies, standards and procedures relating to station bill assignments
• Performs general housekeeping in work areas and to machinery and equipment
• Ensure tools and equipment will be kept in good working order and properly stored
• Manage and maintain daily log of activities
• Assist in annual /quarterly corporate and regulatory inspections
• Assist Mechanic and Electrician when required
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.