Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for Electronic Technician. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Responsible for the effective preventative maintenance and where appropriate renewal of all MODU electronic equipment and systems.
• Three (3) or more years working as an Electrician, or Two (2) years as an Electronic Technician with prior offshore experience preferred
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Troubleshoot and program PLC's and SCR control systems
• Experience with computers in regards to backup and restoration of systems from ghost images and/or boot drives
• Testing and maintenance of fire and gas system
• Attend and participate in all pre-tour, post tour and weekly safety meetings
• Ensures that activities are conducted in accordance with Ensco Safe System of Work (SSOW).
• Ensure compliance with Ensco Management System (EMS)
• Ensure that all activities are performed in a timely manner in order to prevent downtime
• Responsible for problem solving, repair of electronic circuit boards, installation of wiring and electronic components relating to various items of drilling and associated equipment onboard
• Assist Electrician with repairs and replacement of electrical equipment as and when required
• Maintains/repairs MODU air condition, refrigeration systems and control systems
• Maintains/repairs all intercommunication equipment
• Conduct pre-task planning meeting as required and where a work order is required, only undertakes work authorized
• Adhere to and follows station bill assignments
• Adheres to MODU mobilization procedures and related maintenance as directed by operations manual
• Maintains prescribed electronic parts inventory
• Maintains tools and equipment and ensure they are in good working order and properly stored
• Maintains daily log of activities
• Reads and interprets prints, electrical schematics, isometric diagrams and technical manuals
• Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information
• Responsible for all hardware/software associated with Drilling Equipment/Controls Vessel Management System (VMS), Power Management System (PMS), Fire and Gas System and DP Station Keeping
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.