Skills: Rig Electrician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our North and South American regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for Electrician. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Ensure effective operation of all electrical tools and equipment including electrical lights, electrical components of motors, engines, generators, tools, etc.
• Three (3) years working as an Electrician or Assistant Electrician with prior offshore experience preferred
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Advanced knowledge of repair and rebuilding electrical components and wiring of electrical motors and equipment
• Maintains and repairs all electrical equipment and systems which include: generators and generator control systems, transforming systems, drilling system, electrical motors, jacking systems, pumps, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, crane electrical systems, intercom equipment, power generators, lighting fixtures, alarms, fuses and switches
• Adhere to and follow Ensco planned preventive maintenance plan to minimize down time and maximize safety
• Adhere to and follow mobilization procedures and related maintenance as directed by operations manual
• Adhere to and follow correct lock-out, tag-out procedures
• Eliminate all electrical hazards as they are identified, and establish effective barriers when unable to remove hazards
• Ensure all electrical tools and equipment are kept in good working order and safely stored
• Maintain proper level of electrical parts, spares and equipment inventories
• Assist the Mechanics and Welders on special projects when required
• Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with Ensco Safe Systems of Work (SSOW)
• Manage and maintain appropriate logs and records
• Follow the provisions of the National Electrical Code, USCG, HSE, Fire Prevention Codes and other regulations that may apply
• Assists in corporate and regulatory inspections
• Conducts pre-task meetings and when a work order is required, under-takes the work required with authorization
• Reads and interprets prints, electrical schematics, isometric diagrams, wiring diagrams and technical manuals
• Have the ability and responsibility to train, teach and pass knowledge to co-workers and assistants
• Know and perform wirepulling and termination practices for offshore installations, ie. Fire breaks, penetration, termination and modular black systems
• Keep written hand-over notes to ensure efficient and accurate transfer of information
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.