Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer Location:
Pasadena, TX Start Date:
November 2018 Job Summary:
Improve the reliability of all rotating equipment. This includes creating and implementing policies and procedures to track reliability, update preventive maintenance programs, enhance predictive maintenance programs, track equipment criticality, and measure key performance indicators and metrics. Responsibilities:
- Execute plant PM/PdM program for rotating equipment, consisting of, but not limited to lubrication, oil analysis, vibration monitoring, ultrasound analysis, IR analysis, and RAGAGEP.
- Ensure we are appropriately planning and scheduling our work for our reliability activities.
- Update and organize documentation for the reliability program.
- Management of reliability team to ensure internal and external customer needs are completely supported.
- Manage the plant motor reliability program - oversee all motor repairs, track failures, identify potential solutions to improve motor reliability.
- Continuously review and improve the reliability programs with the objective of cost-effectively improving equipment reliability.
- Assist maintenance and operations in troubleshooting mechanical problems when necessary.
- Support other Maintenance Engineers and Staff as required.
- Support reliability specialist, maintenance supervisors, maintenance planners, and millwrights.
- Assist with shop and outside repairs of rotating equipment to identify the root cause of failure. Engineer changes and/or adapt the reliability program as needed to prevent or predict future failures.
- Understand, support and comply with all plant safety policies and procedures including the use of loss control software for loss control reporting and communication.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by offering suggestions for long term solutions to minimize costs, improve reliability, and improve loss control performance.
- Generate and distribute periodic reports on reliability Key Performance Indicators.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of maintenance engineering and experience with plant rotating equipment required
- 3+ years development/leadership
- Vibration analysis training through Vibration Institute level II preferred
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.