Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for Driller . Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Toolpusher. Responsible for the safe operation of drilling equipment and machinery and supervise Drill crew.
• One (1) or more years as a Driller working on a MODU with top drive experience, or Four (4) years of experience in Drilling Department with at least Two (2) years as Assistant Driller
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for own safety as well as that of the Drill crew
• Attend and participate in all pre-tour, post tour and weekly safety meetings
• Demonstrate and promote Safety Leadership for Drill crew
• Conducts pre-tour, pre-task planning, safety orientations, and safety meetings of Drill crew
• Controls operation of well control equipment
• Assist specialized contractors during wireline, casing, and cementing operations
• Administers preventative maintenance program on all drilling equipment
• Maintain efficient and current logs and records
• Operates drilling equipment and coordinates the operation of machinery and equipment necessary for drilling operations
• Monitors drilling fluid status and alarms to ensure within specified criteria
• Conduct pit drills for Drill crew as required
• Conduct a flow check on every connection, and controls operation of well control equipment
• Responsible for all equipment which is run into the well bore
• Monitors assigned jacking station during jacking operations
• Responsible for pipe and casing tallies
• Responsible for maintaining check and tracking documents as required including: Trip Sheets, Trend Monitoring, and HPHT Finger Printing
• Adheres to and follows correct lock-out, tag-out procedures
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.