Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for Toolpusher. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the MODU as outlined by OIM, and oversee drilling operations and Drill crew.
• Two (2) or more years as Toolpusher with prior offshore experience preferred
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for own safety as well as that of the Drill crew
• Attend and participate in all pre-tour, post tour and weekly safety meetings
• Supports OIM in managing the operation and safety of MODU
• Administers and supports safety systems in all aspects of MODU operation
• Ensures application of appropriate well control measures
• Assists in organization and supervision of casing, cementing, well testing, wireline, and work-over operations
• Participates in on-the-job and formal training of the Drill crew
• Assists in implementation of preventative and planned maintenance programs
• Ensures all installation equipment and surfaces meet regulatory specifications and company requirements
• Maintain appropriate logs and records in accordance with Ensco Management System (EMS), regulatory, and certification agency requirements
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.