Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~In anticipation of rigs being activated in our Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific regions, Ensco is recruiting externally for OIM. Vacancies for these roles may not be immediate and are contingent upon rigs being reactivated. Successful candidates must be willing to work anywhere in these regions.
Responsible for safely and effectively managing the day-to-day operations of MODU. This includes managing the MODU's operational, safety, and budgetary performance, and ensuring the MODU's compliance with Ensco and regulatory policies, maintaining positive relationships with client representatives, overseeing the procurement, inventory, and maintenance of MODU equipment, and managing personnel issues. The OIM has comprehensive responsibility for all activities onboard the MODU, though much of it is managed through others.
• One (1) year as an OIM preferred or Two (2) or more years as Senior Toolpusher, Day Toolpusher or similar role
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Must meet all the training and certification requirements which will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages all routine emergency and specialized drilling operations, including coring, fishing, and working stuck pipe. Supervises casing, cementing, work-over, well testing and stimulation operations. Reviews all testing of Subsea equipment and ensures compliance with Coastal State regulations.
• Utilizes appropriate well control measures in response to well control situations in accordance with Ensco Management System (EMS).
• Oversees the handling, transportation, inspection and storage of tubular and other equipment.
• Responsible for planning and supervision of MODU move, jacking, and pre-loading operations.
• Reviews deck load and stability reports to ensure watertight integrity and stability of MODU.
• Maintains regular communication with Rig Manager regarding current operations, incidents, problems or issues.
• Maintains appropriate logs and records pursuant to Ensco Management System (EMS).
• Monitors 3rd-party personnel and operations to ensure compliance with Ensco safety policies, standards and procedures.
• Responsible for safety of personnel, the environment and the MODU as well as own safety.
• Participates in rig safety meetings and other rig safety programs.
• Shows commitment to Ensco safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others.
• Responsible for ensuring all training requirement tracking for positions are current.
• Ensures emergency preparedness of MODU crew by conducting regular fire drills, abandon rig drills, and other drills as required by Ensco Management System (EMS) and regulatory policy.
• Reviews and approves work permits under Ensco Safe Systems of Work (SSOW).
• Is the ultimate authority for the control of work on the MODU.
• Conducts behavioral audits and reviews audits by MODU supervisors and crew. Implements corrective actions.
• Reviews STOP cards and implements corrective actions.
• Ensures incident reports/action items are logged into Synergi. Responsible for tracking, auctioning, and closing out these items.
• Reviews or drafts work instructions, Job Safety Analyses (JSA), and Risk Assessments.
• Meets with company representatives to discuss operations, MODU performance, safety, or other issues.
• Attends pre-spud and related customer meetings, as required.
• Provides bid information to Marketing group (MODU specifications, etc.).
Purchasing and Materials:
• Approves the ordering of needed supplies, parts, and materials to ensure needed items are on hand while maintaining inventory within Ensco Management System (EMS).
• Assists in preparation of budget.
• Oversee the maintenance, testing, and repair of all MODU equipment.
• Answers Engineering requests for information with regard to MODU equipment or specifications.
• Ensure required maintenance record-keeping is complete.
• Performs structural or other inspections to ensure rig meets regulatory and Ensco specifications.
• Oversee all special projects and structural, electrical, and mechanical upgrades to MODU.
Personnel Management and Human Resources:
• Conducts performance appraisals, succession planning and provides feedback to employees and applies Ensco disciplinary procedures as necessary.
• Manage employee relationship issues with Rig Manager and Human Resources department.
• Assist with training enrollment and monitors training compliance of crew.
• Provides guidance to supervisory staff regarding managing employees.
• Conducts new-hire orientations.
Ensco Policy and Regulatory Compliance:
• Ensure all regulatory documents, certificates, and inspections are maintained in accordance to Ensco, Flag State, Coastal State, and Class society rules and regulations.
• Ensures that IADC Logs are accurately, correctly and timely maintained.
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.