NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large oilfield service, has multiple opportunities for an Shop Technicians in Leduc, Alberta.
This will be entry level, long-term contract to permanent role starting ASAP. The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, 2.30pm-11pm with every 4th weekend required and OT.
The individuals MUST be local to the Leduc area as no LOA or camp is available.Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs mechanical assembly, maintenance, and overhaul on equipment
- Tool dismantle and testing shop technician
- Works to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices and Quality standards
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with HSE policies and Legal Compliance requirements
- Lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Be flexible with work schedule and available for OT as business requires.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance documents, drawings, parts lists and follow formal procedures.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Basic computer skills
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.