Skills: Quantity Surveying
Other Skills: German, BGB
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Berlin, Berlin, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is an engineering company involved in oil and gas and offshore wind industries. Due to upcoming cable laying project they require a Quantity Surveyor to join their operations. This position will be based in Berlin, with trips to Hamburg as well as offshore.
General scope of activities:
- Participate in the preparation of tender and contract documents
- Quantitative analyses of the project's progress
- Risk management and cost control
- Participate in the generation of work structure deviations reports
- Support in the evaluation and justification of change orders.
- Advice on contractual claims, Quantitative measurement of the work done
- Support in the preparation of cost forecasts
- Communication with third parties
- 5+ years of experience Quantity Surveyor, ideally in the offshore wind sector
- Member of one of the following institutions - Chartered Institute of Building, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Knowledge of the BGB contract law
- Familiarity with offshore structures
- Fluent knowledge of English and German
- Valid offshore certificates
My client will preferrably employ the right person as member of staff, however contract work is also possible.
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.