Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, applies knowledge of the company's business systems, business processes and controls, including policies and procedures, relative to the location and department assigned.
- Demonstrates understanding of organizational structure and core businesses of the company and industry.
- Performs activities involving complex accounting reports and accounting analyses with related spreadsheets and applications input.
- Prepares and posts journal vouchers for complex accounting transactions. Reviews and monitors financial transactions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Researches and resolves complex accounting issues and transactions including related internal controls.
- Prepares, analyzes, and distributes financial results including variance explanations.
- Meet deadlines and works well under pressure to produce accurate results.
- Involve in statutory and tax audit to ensure fair and accurate presentation of financial positions.
- Applies technical accounting skills typically acquired through completion of a university degree in accounting and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting related roles.
- University degree required; professional accounting certification preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP or country-specific accounting principles required.
- Depending on the nature and location of the role, learns advanced functionality of common office environment and functional applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP, and Hyperion.
- Participates in multifunctional teams and develops project management skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge in moderately complex aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, and financial applications, as well as intermediate levels of proficiency with industry and company acumen.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lvl 10, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 50400, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 65006
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Finance & Accounting
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.