Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Leading planning cycles including developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews, and / or corporate reporting
- Help create long range plans and short range forecasts, understanding / evaluating key business drivers. Tracking progress against plans at a granular level
- Recommending actions to get to planned performance for the operating teams
- Understand, communicate and explain variance drivers within the business. Segment them into unusuals, controllables, operating drivers and identify root cause and action owners for each
- Work with Operation Managers to understand & drive opportunities for Growth and managing cost. Lead and provide analytics on strategic initiatives
- Identifying risks & opportunities during each quarter and leading team in mitigating risks and capitalizing on opportunities
- Driving standardization & process improvement across operating businesses in all aspects of planning and reporting, including best practice sharing
- Review tenders and contracts for advisory on F&A perspective, terms and conditions negotiation and internal control purpose
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration and minimum 3 years and above financial work experience in management accounting/financial analysis
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: SAP, Essbase, Hyperion, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, Vlookup and etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and drive change while working across all levels, functions, and regions
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to add value to operating teams
- Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lvl 10, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 50400, Malaysia
Requisition Number: 65006
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Finance & Accounting
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.