Skills: MWD / LWD
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for an offshore Measurement Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Working in Wood Houma, LA shop
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Proving meters
- Inspection and Maintenance of meters as needed
- Maintain measurement calibration data and historical records
- Enter data into network databases
- Maintain proving equipment
- Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary equipment.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of over/short measurement situations
- Perform witnessing of meter proving.
- Prepare measurement tickets and associated paperwork to ensure accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
- Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of custody transfer meters, control meters and densitometers.
- Maintain meter factor and densitometer trend data and perform and/or coordinate measurement equipment calibrations. Input all data on a timely basis to maintain the control chart database.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of experience required
3-5 years' experience with Shell certification preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.