Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
CORPORATE HSE OFFICER
We are an integrated safety company focused on creating and providing comprehensive, compliance-based safety programs for businesses in the Pipeline and Utility industries. With a rapidly growing presence in the domestic U.S., we are seeking a Corporate HSE/Safety Officer to join our leadership team. The position is new for the company and offers advancement opportunities, as well as the autonomy and resources to help develop and oversee the Company's HSE platform.
Development and management of both clients' safety programs and internal company programs, including creation and execution of policies and procedures to support organizational compliance with federal, state and local agency requirements as well as accrediting bodies and licensing agencies. Monitors parameters in area of expertise and then coordinates performance improvement and training activities. Communicates information effectively. Works effectively with multidisciplinary teams to achieve objectives of the program.
Serves as an internal and external consultant to develop PROACTIVE safety initiatives which measurably reduce accidents, incidents and hazards, for clients, team members, contractors/vendors. Performs investigations of safety events or accidents after they occur and provides recommendations for mitigation of such events or accidents. Serves as a liaison with safety personnel of other institutions and with regulatory agencies. Serves as an escort and/or scribe for all safety inspections performed by external agencies.
Tracks and measures findings and analyzes data to drive process improvements as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and/or facilitate safety plans and programs to minimize risk and expense to clients and company. Develop training materials for Safety programs of clients across all locations. Train personnel as required.
- Manage and prepare internal and external monthly reports and annual reports. Lead Safety meetings and calls regarding incidents and trends. Manage safety data from clients, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Coordinate with government agencies for arbitrations, inspections, regulations, etc. Assist with, and when necessary, lead facilities with governmental agency audits, inspections, etc. and attend formal mediations or hearings.
- Identify and outline existing or potential risks and recommend and monitor preventative or corrective action plans
- Stay current with safety laws/regulations/regulatory standards. Review and roll out new regulations and standards, ensure proper implementation. Continuously monitor and implement changes as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task while attending to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT knowledge.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to perform duties and responsibilities with little supervision.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow with the Company.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
EDUCATIONAL / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in health and safety, safety sciences or related field
- 5+ years equivalent experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) designation preferred
- Completion of 30-hour OSHA Construction and General Industry course
- Successful completion of OSHA 500 or 501 Trainer Course preferred
- Salary: $75-$100k
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Other company benefits including health, dental, 401k, etc.
Houston, TX, San Ramon, CA and Sacramento, CA