Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
PU Maintenance Execution team undertakes all maintenance activities relate to day-to-day maintenance and plant shutdown matters in Production Unit 2. The Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) will be part of the PU2 Major Maintenance execution team reporting to the Major Maintenance Supervisor.
- Execute maintenance of static and rotating equipment in the production unit and adhering to ME processes.
- Perform equipment troubleshooting and provide feedback to custodian.
- The main tasks are to work jointly in close cooperation with Area 2 operation and assurance discipline ensuring the delivery of all major maintenance and shutdown activities to ensure the integrity, reliability and availability the plant units and related facilities to support the PU2 Production Units.
- To plan, execute and deliver major maintenance program as per the plan, including all the infrastructure, Tanks, Planned Shut down and related works.
- Maximize the productivity of the contractor
- Responsible for supporting budgeting activities for all major maintenance activities including long term maintenance strategy.
- Implement LEAN initiatives.
- Execution of CAIR and CEM
- Execute unit shutdowns and TAs as assigned.
- Plan and execute PCRs and CRERs as assigned.
- Ensure safety and quality of maintenance execution.
- Use GSAP as a tool to manage maintenance execution.
- Provide day-to-day specialist mechanical engineering support to the Production Unit.
- Ensure work safety for staff & contractors in compliance with HSSE standards and ensure participate in safety audits, safety walkabouts and other safety initiatives.
- Prepare/review Job Hazard Analysis, Method Statements, Lifting plans and ensure that the work is executed in accordance to these and Permit To Work and Clearance requirements.
- Ensure compliance of mechanical engineering practices and assets with statutory obligations, Engineering Codes of Practices and Shell DEP standards.
- Ensure maintenance execution is done in line with LEAN principles.
- Ensure contractors work safely and maximize their productivity.
- Ensure GSAP is used to manage maintenance execution.
- Ensure GAME maintenance execution processes are adhered to.
- Ensure PCRs and CRERs are done meeting the safety, budget and quality targets.
- Ensure shutdowns are done meeting the safety, budget and quality targets.
- Plan, execute, obtain resources, materials, services and equipment for work repairs
- Liaise with/consults Operations, Technology, other Engineering and Procurement departments as part of execution of jobs.
- Ensure completion of QA/QC and condition reports.
- Field presence and supervisor of maintenance contractor (craft productivity and quality of work) for effective and efficient execution.
- Update and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Involved in scheduled safety walkabout
- Assess the risk of day-to-day jobs being carried out
- Develop formal JOHAN with relevant parties for jobs with medium and high risk
- Full compliance with LSR & Safety Rules at all times to achieve Goal Zero.
- Manage contractor crew of approx. 10 to 20.
- Influence maintenance expenditures S$10M+
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Skills & Requirements:
- Diploma/Degree in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 5-7 years engineering/maintenance of rotating & static quipment field experience in the oil or petrochemical plants.
- Good understanding of the various international mechanical engineering standards.
- Able to work independently and yet participate as a member of a multidiscipline team.
- Skilled in Troubleshooting and executing maintenance work and managing the contractors on site.
- Skilled in Job Hazard Analysis, Confine Space Entry, Permit to Work system and Clearance application requirement.
- Knowledge of GSAP and GAME ME processes would be an added advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video