Skills: Emergency Response
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE COORDINATOR (RLIC)
Primary Purpose of Job
Accountable for the development and establishment of Emergency Response best practices across the Industrial Cities Directorate ensuring continuous improvement in the deployment of resources and their response to incidents.Leads the Emergency Operations Group during all major emergency incidents in the industrial cities making strategic decisions on behalf of the Director of the Industrial Cities (DC) to mitigate the effects of the incident on the population, multi-national companies and the national economy.
• Must have a Degree or equivalent in an Emergency Response related field of study, such as safety, health, environment, fire, security, risk management, emergency planning or disaster management.
Experience & Skills
• Ideally have more than 15 years' experience in an Emergency Response related profession with emergency planning experience for the oil, gas or chemical industry.
• Must be an effective communicator with over 10 years of experience producing and delivering strategic high level presentations to senior management from industry.
• Must be assertive, confident, and knowledgeable and demonstrate significant leadership qualities and must be able to make considered decisions of regional and national importance in times of emergency within the industrial cities.
• Must have a proven history of managing and motivating multi-disciplinary teams, high level projects, financial transactions and complex organisational systems within a multi-cultural society.
• Must have a working knowledge of Qatari Laws and a thorough understanding of the International Laws pertaining to emergency response in the oil, gas and other high risk industries.
• Must have an expert knowledge of international emergency response procedures within the oil and gas industries and be able to develop high level emergency procedures autonomously, based on internationally recognised standards (e.g. N.F.P.A. and B.S.) and current best practices.
• Detailed user knowledge of the following applications; Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word and Project. Should be able to effectively operate Lotus Notes, GIS software and SAP.
• Must have an excellent command of the English language, being able to write comprehensive detailed technical reports and converse fluently in English to all levels of management and subordinates. Fluency in Arabic would be an advantage.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.