Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Global Security Information Center Analyst located in San Ramon, California through May 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Global Security is charged with providing high-quality, cost-competitive and reliable security services with operational excellence. The organization is committed to supporting its diverse customers and achieving their respective business objectives through the delivery of programs designed to protect Chevron's people and assets, thus creating superior value for Chevron shareholders, customers, partners, employees and the countries in which we operate. Outstanding individual and collective performance of the Global Security organization will help the Corporation achieve its vision—to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnerships and performance.
The Global Security Information Center analyst position is responsible for monitoring worldwide events (such as natural disasters, security incidents, terrorist events, geopolitical situations) in real-time, then assesses the real or potential impact upon Chevron persons, property, or assets. Provides accurate and timely notification of these threats to all appropriate persons, and generates reports based on an educated analysis and/or understanding of the data.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Use internal and external systems and information (specialized software, internet, news-feeds, social media monitoring, open source research and other data sources), to monitor global risks that could have an adverse impact on Chevron's personnel, travelers, assets, facilities or reputation
- Develop and manage communications to key stakeholders throughout an incident life-cycle, including executive situation reports, web site updates, presentations, emails and phone calls
- Initiate life safety accountability program in response to incidents
- Interact directly with employees facing various emergencies, providing information to assist their safety and security
- Interact directly with Chevron leaders, Global Security members and Business Unit representatives to deliver and receive pertinent situation information
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze information, determine the scope of an incident and how it might impact Chevron's business operations
- Collect, analyze, and share information to support Global Security investigations and operations
- Determine and implement research methods best suited to gather information on emerging threats or incidents, leveraging technology and investigative skills to provide Chevron's leadership the best data possible to make critical decisions
- Interact with regional Global Security experts to understand local risk issues, as well as local Business Unit contacts to understand scope of operations
- Maintain systems and data used within the Global Security Information Center
- Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assigned.
- Provide guidance to contract staff while on shift
- Position will be part of a 24/7 operation, therefore schedule flexibility is a requirement
- 2-5 years analytical, investigative, emergency response, security or geopolitical assessment experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience utilizing web-based software and various audio-visual tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially in preparing clear and concise summaries of critical events
- Demonstrated history of teamwork, ethical decision making and excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with peers and management at various levels
- Ability to perform multiple projects and support multiple people simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong interest in current events and world affairs
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual and stressful circumstances
- Experience with diverse cultures and backgrounds, especially in support of business operations in non-US locations
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and properly
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately, then assess and evaluate effectively
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, Emergency Management, Political Science or related field
- Demonstrated strong current performance
- Work experience in a 24/7 or customer service environment
- Work experience in a new function or group, building capabilities and using new technology to achieve organizational goals
- Experience writing procedures or contingency plans
Relocation will be considered
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.