Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Anadarko is seeking a Director of HSE who will be responsible for leading a team of Health and Safety and Environmental professionals partnering with the Onshore US business to deliver safe, compliant and responsible operations. This position is located in The Woodlands office. This role will assure the implementation of and compliance with health and safety and environmental programs and provide expertise, advice and recommendations on risk-based safety approaches and environmental compliance to the Onshore US leadership team. The HSE director will also analyze incident and audit results to develop strategies and plans for correcting findings and proactively preventing incidents and non-compliance going forward.
- 10+ years of experience building and leading comprehensive HSE management programs, with 15+ years of experience being preferred.
- This role requires extensive knowledge of regulatory and industry standards, the ability to lead the understanding and research of specific issues of concern and implement practical resolutions with clear direction.
- Experience working with industry trade associations, legislative groups and government regulatory agencies to influence and understand any regulatory changes or developments that could affect or enhance process safety programs.
- Provide leadership, counsel and technical expertise to a team of Health and Safety and Environmental professionals across the United States to achieve Anadarko's commitment of safe, compliant and responsible operations.
- Provide input to the expansion of the Anadarko Management System to the Onshore US business and implement the HSE elements as they become applicable.
- Execute strategies, programs, practices, procedures and training to shape a safety culture and assure environmental performance.
- Ensure contractors working in the Onshore US business are knowledgeable of and compliant with HSE requirements.
- Interface with key HSE related agencies. Direct approach for HSE compliance throughout the onshore organization.
- Direct changes and instruct HSE teams on interpreting and applying new policies, programs, and regulations to onshore activities.
- Build HSE expertise in staff.
- Improve Anadarko HSE performance in the Onshore US business.
- Demonstrate compliance through participation in health and safety and environmental program audits.
- Actively collaborate with other Company Environmental, Health, Safety and Operations leadership to develop and implement global company HSE standards.
10+ Years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Safety, or related field of study.
15+ Years of experience is required in place of a formal degree.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required from 10 - 20% - including international locations.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
See Job Description
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in the Woodlands, Texas. Our deep and balanced portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and resource plays, and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, we are focused on our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all of our business activities. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare. At Anadarko, we directly employ more than 4,900 men and women and we strive for excellence in all that we do. We know the best vision in the world will not be realized without the right people.
At Anadarko, we set ambitious goals and take disciplined risks to achieve them. We need individuals who will take on this challenge. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it.
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.