Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotford, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Time Focal is responsible for the overall payroll entry for the Hourly Shell Staff within Maintenance, Construction, and Turnaround. The team will work collaboratively within a team of three (3) to support the around 120 hourly staff within the Department. The Time Focal team also supports the department for other miscellaneous activities including administrative assignments.
- Must be able to adjust to solid regular deadlines for payroll and reporting.
- Will work with frequent interruptions and maintain accuracy.
- Can interpret and apply Hourly Pay Policies.
- Manage input, direction, and requests from multiple stakeholders within the business;
- Support any other miscellaneous work activities within the Maintenance, Construction and Turnaround Department including administrative assignments
- Excellent customer service.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.
- Post Secondary education in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experiences in payroll, finance, related functions
- Proficient at using office software such as MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledgeable in using SAP (CATS) experience would be an asset?
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills as this role interfaces regularly with many teams
- Can manage evolving priorities and deliver on multiple commitments in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong organizational effectiveness skills
- Experience with balancing competing priorities with exceptional time management to work within tight deadlines, data accuracy and ability to interpret pay policy and procedures.
- Subject matter expert on employee timesheets for troubleshooting and training.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at various levels.
- Handles sensitive matters with integrity and discretion.
- Overtime and leave restrictions may apply to meet payroll deadlines.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video