Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
As we continue to grow our business in the renewable energy sector demonstrating our innovative approach to technology, a Technical Sales Manager is required to assist our prospective clients by providing consultative based solutions to their offshore cable route preparation, cable burial and cable protection challenges. With cable lay and trenching experience you will listen to our customers' needs and help promote the advantages of our assets over that of our competitors to ensure our "safe, simple and effective" message is communicated in full. Working with project provided geophysical and geotechnical data, you will work with our team to understand soils risk and draw upon our commercial department to understand and present the benefits our clients can expect to see on their projects by choosing our solutions that shows, the right tools for the project, the risk/opportunities assessment of our assets versus others and the value we add. Working closely with the Account Development Manager you will help build win strategies that secure new business opportunities across UK & Europe. These opportunities will be via existing customers, or through establishing relationships with new customers across target growth areas. Primary business opportunities shall be based around route clearance, trenching, cable handling and repair solutions plus associated vessel based services such as PLGR, mattressing and rock dumping. The role will also look to promote and maximize pull through for other business units as part of Oceaneering's Integrated Solutions packages, which are applied across the life of field to provide a safe, quality, on time, delivery with lower cost of development or installation for our customers.
The principle requirement of this role is to ensure that Subsea Projects Europe are educating our clients upon the advantages of Oceaneering assets whilst building relationships within the Engineering communities of our target customers organisations. Our target customers are typically developers, operators and tier 1 installers to the offshore wind, wave, tidal and interconnector markets. Your role will be vital in allowing us to grow and promote our business offerings and capabilities to that of the benefit of our customers projects.
- Position Oceaneering as the supplier of choice to key client accounts.
- Work with customers very early in the sales cycle, so that Oceaneering can present innovative solutions to challenges, and develop competitive advantages.
- Take a leading role in the pre proposal clarification process, ensuring that customer specifications and other documents are well-understood.
- Provide clear intelligence/information to the Commercial/Tendering Support team in the preparation of bids by giving direction of customer specific technical needs and expectations.
- Seek, develop, grow and maintain long lasting Technical relationships with key account Engineering teams to gain intelligence en-route to securing profitable/strategic sales wins.
- Proficient in intelligence gathering on competitors' assets and creating a value proposition biased toward Oceaneering solutions/tools.
- Ensure that any opportunities for other areas of Oceaneering are passed on swiftly and work with that organization to maximise the potential for technical bundles as an integrated solution.
- Keep the senior management team informed of market intelligence relating to competitors products.
- Work closely with BD Manager and Account Development Managers to promote technical differentiations as part of realising target projects for the region.
- Record and report all meetings and opportunities into Oceaneering's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Create, Present and market whitepapers at technical conferences or exhibitions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to travel extensively within Europe and the U.S. This position will require overnight stays of varying length.
- Assist in creation of marketing content.
- Assist Commercial team in formulation and documentation of sales and bidding strategies, including determination of target price.
- Assist Commercial team in formulating the content requirements for technical proposals.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position currently has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Business Development Manager with dotted line reporting to Global Renewable Business Development Director.
- Peers include other Account Development Managers, Commercial tendering and Engineering teams.
- Professionally qualified/degree educated caliber but can be offset by experience.
- Experience within a similar international role supporting cable lay and/or burial sales/projects.
- A detailed understanding of the potential business within the marketplace gained through previous experience as a Sales Account Manager / Customer Relationship Manager or Business Development Manager within the Renewable sector.
- An extensive proven track record of profitable revenue generation in the Renewable sector is essential.
- Excellent networking, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
- Commercial and contract awareness/experience is essential.
- Fluent English speaker, both written and spoken.
- A technical understanding/technical background related to the Renewable sector.
- Multi-lingual core business languages desirable but not essential.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence, and to understand ITT/RFQ documentation.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of MS Office packages, along with CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.