Our client is looking for a QC Inspector for a fixed term 8-month contract basis, located in Dyce.
- Provide quality support for the inspection activities of the company's stock inventory and 3rd party vendors', ensuring that the required standards and processes are adhered to through-out the receipt, processing, assembly, testing prior to despatch of these products.
- Production and maintenance of accurate inspection documentation.
Dimensions of the job
- Working with limited supervision as part of a small team of circa 6.
- Inspection activities in relation to refurbishment and new manufacture of rental wellheads - currently 60 plus systems.
- Occasional visit to supplier sites (UK & overseas) to carry out inspection activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all equipment is inspected in accordance with Technical Specifications, Engineering Drawings, Product Specifications and Purchase Order requirements.
- Ensure that all support documentation is verified in accordance with Technical Specifications, Engineering Drawings, Product Specifications and Purchase Order requirements.
- Record inspection results in sufficient detail as to enable re-work instructions or disposition decisions to be made. Create minor repair scope of work instructions, together with supporting documentation.
- Ensure all documentation and records are processed and maintained as defined.
- Ensure all department transactions within the POS Database are correctly processed.
- Witness the validation Pressure Testing of Equipment in accordance with Engineering Drawings and Test Specifications.
- Document Non-conformities and support investigation and identification of route cause analysis and the Corrective and Preventative Action processes.
- Participate in the company Competency system.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- NVQ Quality Control or equivalent.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a QC role related to wellheads would be considered in lieu of the above.
- HND/HNC in engineering discipline.
- Current NDT Certification.
- FLT Certification.
- Full Driving license.
- Current ASNT Level II MPI/LPI certificate.
Knowledge & Experience
- Practical experience in a quality inspection role in a similar
- Understands the principles of engineering, welding, NDT and lifting equipment legislation.
- Rotary & Premium Shouldered Connection experience.
- Knowledge of Wellhead systems.
- Use of measuring instrumentation.
- Understanding of Engineering drawings.
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- FARO skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail
- Safety Conscious.
- Ability to cope under pressure and priorities workload.
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Positive attitude.