Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for an Electrical Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This is a short term hire with a contract duration of 2 months until the end of December 2018.
- The undertaking of close out activities and the production of E&I draughting deliverables for current scopes of work 2D draughting only.
- Managing the electrical and instrumentation project design requirements including as-building and close out activities.
- The individual must be conversant with industry design codes, standards and practices and have extensive experience within the offshore oil and gas industry and conversant with PDMS 3D modelling software.
- The candidate must have previous experience managing teams and individuals and the delivery work scopes in line with agreed planning and project budgets.
The suitable candidate will possess the following Qualifications and Experience:
- ONC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
Experience: The following are seen as essential to the role.
- Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
- Aware of and able to use codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation as applicable to draughting function
- Aware of and able to use company and client draughting standards and specifications
- Aware of company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function
- Able to create base design drawings / models from agreed workscope with minimal guidance
- Computer literate (database / spreadsheets)
- Ability to accept delegated responsibility for designated tasks