Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The position offers the incumbent the opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic integrated team to identify, evaluate, mature and deliver Exploration prospects and New Business Development opportunities in the Americas, with a focus on Latin America, which is rapidly becoming a key growth area for Shell.
Specific activities include
- Identify the reservoir uncertainties and apply the principles of uncertainty and risk management for hydrocarbon maturation.
-Collaborate with Geoscientists to develop volumetric estimates and recoverable volumes
-Provide recommendations on recovery methods (primary/enhanced) for a given opportunity, together with production functions and initial rate estimate ranges.
- Provide support for exploration well delivery, including input to well proposals, discharge rate assessment and underground venting, inputs to regulatory documents for permit approvals, operational support while drilling.
- Support the operating plan process through production forecasting and hydrocarbon maturation
- Support the Exploration ventures in the resource reporting process
- Ensure that all reservoir engineering data, processes and deliverables receive the proper quality control and technical assurance - Implement the Growth Project Management Framework in the evaluation of opportunities and participate in consistency initiatives for the global PTD/B organization - Engage and develop working relationships with stakeholders (Geoscientists, Petrophysicists, Development Planners, Well Engineers, Technical Specialists, Economists, Commercial deal leads, etc.) across different organizations
Special Challenges for the role are:
- The team evaluates a portfolio of opportunities in a capital constrained environment with a focus on Competitive Scoping.
- Technically complex opportunities with accelerated timelines.
- Dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity, lack of data and conflicting priorities across organizations.
- Complex governance and numerous
- Dealing with highly sensitive, confidential data
The Exploration & NBD portfolio managed by the team includes operating theaters in Brazil, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, and other potential New Ventures. Commercial activity levels are high for the region, a result of Shell efforts to establish new heartlands and grow existing ones.
- Responsible for evaluation of approximately 6-10 Exploration and/or NBD opportunities per year - Exposure to a wide variety of geologic basins and plays in DW, IG & COG - Exposure to variety of commercial deal structures - High degree of visibility with key stakeholders - Opportunity to lead improvement initiatives with global applicability
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than the current employer
- Bachelor's degree holder
- Minimum of 12+ years experience in Reservoir Engineering
- Ability to apply judgment to extract key learnings from reservoir analogs
- Ability to independently search, filter, interpret and extract knowledge out of information from public databases.
- Proven track record building and using fit-for-purpose analytical tools (material balance, well models, type curves, correlations) and black-oil numerical simulation models.
- PVT proficiency and ability to perform fluid modeling.
- Knowledge of the ORS and business cycle activities, such as operating plan and resource reporting.
- Skill in the use of any standard reservoir engineering software such as CMG IMEX/GEM/CMOST, IPM Gap/Prosper/MBal, PVT Sim, etc.
- Experience in any of the following areas is considered a plus: Exploration and appraisal activities, Deepwater/Integrated
- Willing to travel on an as-needed basis in London and Rio De Janeiro
- Conversant in Spanish and Portuguese is a plus
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video