Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Provide P6 schedules and planning for purposes of tracking and improving performance on Midstream Projects.
- Build schedules in adherence to the Site Primavera scheduling requirements.
- Conduct schedule optimization reviews and implement identified improvements.
- Develop and maintain a capital project portfolio man-loaded schedule.
- Conduct schedule diagnostics and analysis to assure/maintain schedule quality and integrity.
- Provide progress data and remaining work/duration forecasts for cost controls functions.
- Perform schedule progress analysis to identify and initiate action with capital project leadership on underperforming areas.
- Generate required progress reports, metrics and analysis, including earned value.
- Ability to perform all skills required of a Planner/Schedulers.
- Proficient in Primavera P6 scheduling and data base management.
- 5+ years of experience in complex pipeline capital projects.
- Able to perform complex schedule imports and merges
- Able to perform complex schedule diagnostics
- Able to troubleshoot problems and provide timely, effect solutions or options
- Organized, self-motivated, proactive, creative and results oriented
- Proficient Excel user, including data imports, pivot tables and graphing
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Familiarity with the SAP and Material Management (MM) modules
- 10+ years of experience in pipeline and facilities capital projects.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach peers effectively in high-impact situations
- Ability to develop concepts to the point of practical applications and a demonstrated ability to implement these applications in the field
- Ability to conceive, define and communicate proposals and long-range plans for continuous scheduling improvements
- Able to manage risk, analyze cost/benefits and drive change
- Able to manage stakeholders and secure understanding and ownership of activity timing within key discipline leadership
- Able to manage change and resolve conflicts
Established in 1991, Omega is a leading global supplier of systems and personnel to the oil and gas and energy sectors. We combine flexible personnel with expert software products to provide project teams with consistent, up to date information that improves communication, decision making and project performance.
Our business culture is transparent and open, with a service minded and entrepreneurial staff of almost 900 people of 35 different nationalities handled from 14 different offices worldwide. We can staff projects with experienced consultants or complete teams, across all disciplines, supporting projects in size from $100K to $10+ billion.