Skills: Geochemist, Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
CORE ANALYST II
Perform petrophysical and flow tests in a production laboratory setting. Measure rock properties on core, input data into analysis programs, and analyze results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain equipment for Routine or Advanced Rock Properties testing
- Record operating data from laboratory equipment including flow pumps, pressure transducers and gauges, scales and balances, resistivity monitors, and basic laboratory glassware
- Maintain job files, safety records, maintenance records, sample inventory
- Work under direction of Sr. Core Analyst on assigned projects while maintaining a team atmosphere with other technicians
- Communicate data and results with Supervisor in a clear and logical manner
- Provide project completion schedules to Supervisor
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Train assigned technicians to setup and collect data
- Perform field duties when needed which includes segmenting, inventorying, and transporting core back to the laboratory
- Other duties as assigned or required
HS diploma required. A 2 year AA/AS or Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering related field preferred.
0-1 year commercial or school laboratory experience, 1-3 years core laboratory or geotechnical preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to regularly move or lift 10lb, frequently 25lb and occasionally 50lb
- Must be computer literate with strong working knowledge of MS Office products
- Must be familiar with and able to utilize Laboratory Instruments effectively
- Perform mathematical and scientific computations
- Maintain laboratory notebooks
- Comfortable in a laboratory environment
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.