Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Materials Office is accountable to institutionalize a wells materials management system delivering accountability, transparency, and ownership from the well delivery team mitigating the risk of "unrealized" Shell inventory growth.
The Materials Office Gate Keeper will be responsible for the delivery of "On Time" installed well construction equipment (well heads, liner hangers, casing, casing accessories, tubing, completion equipment, other?) to DW Wells assets through forecasting, procurement, dispositioning (allocation/scrapping), and management of inventory levels.
In addition to the key accountabilities shown above, the Materials Office Gate Keeper will:
- Be responsible for development, maintenance, and execution of project specific Bill of Materials (BOM) for floating and platform rigs through scheduled connects with engineers, suppliers, and internal BOM support functions.
- Responsibilities include cost estimates for LLAFE, material allocations / transfers, supplier quoting, purchasing, technical specifications, and "On Time" delivery to meet project timelines.
- Support the development and maintenance of a material demand profile and forecasting models developed and shared monthly with key internal and external stake holders.
- Engage and work with internal and external key stakeholders (Wells (WE and CWI), Ops, Theme Office, C&P, Shell Quality, MM, Suppliers) to ensure cross discipline continuity in delivering well construction equipment to the DW Wells assets.
- Work with Digitalization, Wells, Cost/Planning, and Materials Management teams in optimizing well close outs, and material transfers.
- Work to establish design "standards" compliance through facilitating sound engineering, technical, and quality discussions with Shell SME's.
- Provide the Theme Office and CET support in developing installed well construction equipment "Bill of Materials" based on standardized well design, facilitating alternative options, and proper MOC's with respect to requested equipment changes.
- Actively coordinate with project engineers to match supply and demand through regular meetings and contacts with responsible engineers.
- Help the Gatekeepers be successful through clear alignment with wells rig sequence updates to deliver the most timely and accurate forecast and inventory tracking data.
- Work with Performance and Planning, TACIT, and Digitalization to assist in the development and implementation of the Demand Management Platform.
- Provide support on delivering "real-time" software package to manage and create visibility on all installed well construction equipment for forecasting, allocations, scraping, and functioning as a market procurement tool.
- Maintain a "lean" well construction materials "footprint" valuation in line with rig activities.
- Coordinate with Project Reconcilers and make timely decisions on surplus inventory to close AFEs and Completion Notices out in a timely manner upon project completion and confirm transfer of material ownership.
- Review all new requisitions against existing inventory.
- Coordinate with finished projects to identify sell/scrap opportunities.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years Oil & Gas Industry experience.
- 5+ years working DW well equipment delivery. Previous Shell Wells Engineering team experience a plus.
- Experience in materials supply to both floating and platform drilling rigs.
- Knowledge of Wells Engineering and CWI design.
- Experience with SAP, Contracts and Procurement, Materials Management, Shell Quality, Finance, and Material Suppliers.
- Self-directed, Action-Oriented individual.
- Design a Casing String: Knowledge
- Design a Lower and Upper Completion: Knowledge
- Global Well Delivery Process: Knowledge
- Prepare Well Engineering Design Options and Program: Knowledge
- Execute Well Engineering Operations: Knowledge
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video