Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To assist the site team in the effective provision of inspection and integrity services to the Client and to ensure all plant and equipment on Client assets are inspected and certified in accordance with approved plans and work scopes
- Review of incoming workflow as instructed by Client as require d .
- Assist in the preparation/ feedback of site inspection work pack s .
- Assist in the review of completed inspection workpacks I reports.
- Assist in the development of specific integrity strate g i es.
- Assists with the preparation of inspection and corrosion data for input i nto RBI reviews/and (or) client presentations and meeting s .
- Operate MMS as directed.
- Validate offshore reports and feedback as required
- Maintain Inspection Query I Remedial Order Proce s s
- Retrieve project specific technical data from client databases I systems .
- Assist in the review of Asset specific operational reports, plans and identify events likely to impact on the inspection and corrosion monitoring programs
- Support Senior Discipline Engineers in the assessment of problems I anomalies, both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, raising notifications and communicating plans .
- Assist Client engineers on site on a regular basis and prepare and plan all site outages.
- Maintain PSSR regs for site and deliver feedback to client.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Complete monthly HSE stats and report to HSE onshore e.g. RAD audits, Permit Audits, STOP audits, Deal Feedback Cards and any safety observation and report any remedial progress
- Adhere to OISL life saving rules at all times
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Report issues daily and progress all works to Senior Inspection Engineer (Client)
- Assign tasks and supervise all technical personnel on site for task for the inspection department
- Cascade information to Oceaneering support staff based at clients office
- HNC / HND Mechanical Engineering (P)
- Significant Inspection experience in Oil and Gas as OIE (P)
- ASME Plant Inspection Level 2 (E)
- CSWIP UT in-service Inspector level 2 (E)
- BSc Science or Engineering related discipline (P)
- Membership of a recognised Institute and accreditation with Engineering Council (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.