Skills: Rig Mechanic
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our Client is an international based Company and is currently seeking for Chief Mechanic on a Jack-up rig.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Ensures all mechanical systems and equipment on the rig are maintained to high operational standard and supervises the safe operation of the rig's maintenance department.
- Work closely with Supervisor and coordinates joint maintenance task as required.
- Maintain a vigilant effort to assess the condition of mechanical components, to minimize equipment downtime or unsafe situations.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date maintenance records for all rig equipment and schedule work in the most efficient and least disruptive manner within a specified time-frame dictated by the preventive maintenance program.
- Diagnose and supervise repairs on malfunctioning equipment of all types, including diesel and gasoline engines, rig draw works, power end of mud pumps, air compressors, transmissions, rotary tables, rotary and power swivels and related equipment to ensure continuity of operations
- Conduct safety and housekeeping checks to ensure proper practices are observed.
- Supervise and monitor hydraulic crane activities and the operators.
- Assure safe practices are observed and the equipment is properly maintained.
- Minimum of 10 years of offshore working experiences with at least 5 years of experience as Chief Mechanic
- Candidates with prior Jackup Drilling Rig experience would be preferred.
- Candidates whom are available for mobilization immediately would be preferred
- Valid Offshore Certifications
- Valid OGUK Medical
Interested candidates, please forward your latest CV to email@example.com. Thank you.