Alaska, United States
Alaska, United States
Skills: Drilling Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Drilling Engineer Job description
The Drilling Engineer will be responsible for the engineering and planning, and monitoring of drilling operations. This individual will need to collaborate with other disciplines within the Company to successfully meet the goals and objectives of the Operations Department. This position is Anchorage and North Slope. Level and salary commensurate with experience.
- Responsible for well design, planning, monitoring, and providing technical support for daily drilling operations
- Responsible for communication with sub-surface team and other disciplines to produce a well design which is fully functional for "life of well", and meets all objectives.
- Responsible for producing a well design which is compliant with all government/regulatory requirements, and in keeping with asset integrity as it relates to environment and personal safety
- Responsible for tracking daily well cost and daily drilling progress.
- Develop drilling cost estimates which can range from AFE quality to simple scoping estimates to probabilistic cost estimates
- Participate in the invoice processing review and approval, as per designated DOA.
- Review offset wells and identify risks and hazards, as well as best practices
- Working with supply chain in identification and monitoring of performance of service providers
- Contribute to a multi-disciplined team to provide input and analysis for long range planning for multi-rig programs that minimizes capital development cycle time
- Visit the drilling rig during critical operations as needed
- Responsible for drilling optimization by leading and documenting after-action reviews to identify best practices and lessons learned.
- Responsible for surveillance of peers, and learning and applying new technology for the purpose of drilling optimization and continuous improvement.
- Gather and organize information such as equipment specifications, government regulations, operating agreements, permit approvals, technical publications, guidelines and reports
- Embrace other duties as assigned or needed to ensure the success of the company
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- 3 years of experience as a drilling engineer
- Knowledge of sound engineering principals and ability to apply them to a well design
- Horizontal drilling experience in unconventional resource plays
- Must have working knowledge of government regulations and permitting requirements
- Strong commitment to safety and protection of the environment
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Knowledge of engineering software, such as Compass, Landmark Suite, WellCat
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite multi-tasking ; acuity to read printed materials or a computer screen and communicate in person or a telephone conversation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drilling experience on the North Slope, Alaska
- Field experience - significant time spent on a drilling rig
- Demonstrated success in functioning in, and contributing to a multi-disciplined team
- Demonstrated success in drilling performance improvement and optimization