Alaska, United States
Alaska, United States
Skills: Geologist, Geoscience Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: North Slope, AK
Work with a multidiscipline team to identify new play concepts and opportunities through a creative approach to mapping and prospect generation. Is required to have arctic experience. Will be expected to take a fundamental approach to prospecting that relies on a thorough understanding of the hydrocarbon system and key drivers impacting prospectively for a given play.
• Bachelor's Degree in Geology.
• 5 years or more of petroleum industry experience.
• Multi-basin geographic experience.
• Experience working in both high-density and sparse data environments and the ability to integrate all available datasets.
• Proven track record of prospect generation and the ability to identify and test new exploration plays and concepts.
• Ability to build coherent structural and stratigraphic frameworks through the integration of core, log and engineering data.
• Ability to characterize the risk of a given exploration play or prospect
• Ability to incorporate petrophysical models and interpretations into mapping workflows
• Ability to work with a geophysicist to generate a fully integrated geologic interpretation
• Experienced in quantitative prospect and play evaluation using Rose based methods.
• Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet critical deadlines.
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and experience in a multi-discipline team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex material effectively.
• Willingness and ability to mentor and develop younger staff.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• North American onshore experience including Alaska
• Experience in both conventional and unconventional reservoirs
• Experience with both clastic and carbonate reservoirs
• Expertise using Decision Space, Geographix and Petrel
• Experience in unconventional play evaluation
• Experience in well planning and drilling operations
• Ability to make structural and stratigraphic seismic interpretations