Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco is one of the world's largest fully integrated energy enterprises that continuously looks for individuals who exceed expectations. The professional rewards at Saudi Aramco are in the work environment, lifestyle and benefits. The unconventional resources business line is actively seeking top geophysicists with experience in unconventional resources to join their world class team.
As a geophysicist in an unconventional asset, you will support the multidisciplinary team in identifying exploration and development areas for resource identification and maturation using all your geophysical skillsets and tools integrated with geological and petrohysical data. You will also support the operations team in selecting appropriate completion decisions (placement and orientation of fracs) and monitoring fracture stimulation operations with microseismic. Candidates are expected to be able to interpret seismic reflection data, recommend and incorporate all aspects of quantitative seismic interpretation; modeling and inversion. The geophysicist will partner with geologists in preparing drilling recommendations. You will be expected to recommend seismic acquisition programs including the determination of seismic acquisition and/or reprocessing parameters.
Master degree in Geophysics or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree is preferred and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for master degree and two years for PhD.
We are targeting 12+ years' experience with at least 5-10 in unconventional plays including shale or tight sand, with experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required. We will consider candidates with more or less experience depending on the quality of their experience. Other desirable skills include strong geophysical workstation skills, strong fundamental interpretation geophysical skill set, including well to seismic correlation, seismic mapping, velocity model building, depth conversion, 3D visualization, 3D seismic static modeling, AVO analysis, acoustic and elastic inversion, acquisition survey design, regional geophysical evaluation of unconventional plays, structural characterization of natural fractures and their impact on unconventional reservoirs, sequence stratigraphic analysis, unconventional play evaluation, geophysical support for an unconventional play or development, reservoir characterization in unconventional hydrocarbon plays (tight gas, shale gas, unconventional oil, and/or coal bed methane).
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
- Apply technical geophysical tools to assist in prospect generation, evaluation, and maturation of unconventional resources (shale gas and liquids and tight plays)
- Use seismic interpretation, analysis, modeling, petrophysical tools and integration software packages to partner with development geologists in preparing drill recommendations.
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of different packages. Apply tools in fit-for-purpose fashion.
- Determine seismic acquisition and/or reprocessing parameters that would improve understanding of unconventional resource plays.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and intercompany experts to leverage their talents.