Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco is one of the world's largest fully integrated energy enterprises. Saudi Aramco not only looks for individuals who can meet expectations but for those individuals who can exceed them. The professional rewards at Saudi Aramco are in work environment, the lifestyle and benefits. The unconventional business line is actively seeking a top Geologist in an unconventional to join their world-class team.
As a Geologist working on the Unconventional Program, equipped with working experience from major or independent oil companies operating in clastic basins, preferably in North America, you will be able to provide input into regional evaluation, basin analysis in frontier basins, prospect generation and appraisal for unconventional resources (shale gas/liquids and tight gas) and ability to transform an unconventional resource into a producing asset. Your experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team, will enable you to perform advance sequence & stratigraphic analyses using G&G applications, developing strong leads and unconventional prospects. Experience in conducting sequence stratigraphic well correlation, sedimentary facies prediction, and seismic sequence stratigraphy integrated with structure geology . Working experience in completing geological interpretations in a variety of structural and stratigraphic regimes incorporating geophysical and geological data. Utilizing inter-disciplinary data, build integrated earth models to improve visualization, optimize drilling and actively participate in the well planning process to optimize well locations using a variety of geological and geophysical data.
Bachelor's degree in geology or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree is preferred and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for master degree and two years for PhD.
We are targeting 12+ years' experience with at least 5-10 years in unconventional plays including shale or tight gas, with US experience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required. We will consider candidates with more or less experienced depending on the quality of their experience.
The candidate will have experience in exploration geoscience, with exposure to the several of the following areas; regional stratigraphic and structural framework to evaluate unconventional plays, determine potential and risk of future prospective regional trends. Develops ideas, and creates plans and organizes unconventional projects or specialized studies to realize corporate objectives. Working experience in structural characterization of natural fractures and impact on unconventional reservoirs, sequence stratigraphic analysis, geochemistry, petroleum systems and basin modeling, reservoir characterization of unconventional hydrocarbons plays (tight gas, shale gas, unconventional oil), log analysis and interpretation in unconventional reservoirs and/or experience locating and providing geological support to drilling operations in unconventional plays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
- Provide input into regional evaluation, basin analysis for frontier basins, prospect generation and appraisal for unconventional resources (shale gas and liquids and tight gas).
- Manage advanced sequence and stratigraphic analysis using G&G applications. This will include integration and visualization, of various G&G datasets, and chronostratigraphy.
- Perform geological interpretation in a variety of structural and stratigraphic regimes incorporating a variety of geophysical and geological data and ensure the quality of the Database is maintained.
- Provide detailed depositional models within a regional sequence stratigraphic framework.
- Actively participate in the well planning process to optimize well locations using a variety of geological and geophysical data.
- Perform subsurface studies of unconventional reservoirs to aid the resource evaluation and drive development decisions.
- Assists in training less experienced geologists through discussions and work sessions.