Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil is currently seeking an Advanced IT Windows Specialist. The Advanced IT Windows Specialist's primary responsibilities will include hands on development, standardization, and management of all desktop infrastructure including hardware, software deployment, images, and patching standards. This role requires a highly proactive approach and will be expected to drive continual improvements to overall desktop infrastructure optimization while maintaining a highly stable platform.
This position takes responsibility and ownership of our SCCM infrastructure and technical responsibility for managing the desktop related group policy environment. Periodically, this position will take on special project responsibilities as they pertain to new enterprise-wide system\application evaluations, testing and implementation.
- Develop and execute on plan for increasing overall desktop platform optimization and standardization
- Ensure operational excellence by managing the SCCM infrastructure and providing best practice guidance to Marathon Oil
- Execute patch management strategy and ensure compliance with vulnerability patching.
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Microsoft SCCM Platform.
- Oversee group policy including review of existing policies and proposed changes
- Create and manage application deployment objects for new and existing software
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general workstation management support
- Provide 3rd level support for the desktop platform
- Work with key platform vendors for support to resolve issues as well as platform strategy development
- Coordinate release of critical updates and support Windows Servicing Model
- Provide technical assistance to support groups as needed
- Monitor Microsoft SCCM Platform health and mitigate identified problems
- Provide mentoring, guidance and professional development support to others on staff when needed
- Work on special projects as needed
- Provide back-up infrastructure support as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's preferred
- At least five (5) years' experience performing duties similar to those listed in the Overview section above
- Experience with application imaging preferred
- Experience working in an oil and gas setting preferred
- Effectively work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated and lead a team to work in stressful situations occasionally requiring after hours emergency response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem analysis and resolution
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 29602 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.