Skills: Project Management, Marine Engineering
Other Skills: Oceanography, Metocean
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Project management and technical execution of Metocean specific projects in both Site Characterization and Asset Integrity business lines. Some fieldwork as a Metocean party chief.
- Project management of selected projects.
- Deployment, recovery and servicing of oceanographic equipment, including planning, documentation and client liaison.
- Party Chief responsibility on selected site work.
- Data processing and reporting on selected projects.
- May include selected tender support for commercial manager or operations manager.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required):
- Have a Bachelors/Masters in Oceanography /or related science and/or 3 to 5 years of Metocean experience in all aspects of physical oceanographic and meteorological data acquisition and analysis.
- Have 1 to 2 years of project management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of various metocean standards.
- Proficiency in use of office application software.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Strong problem-solving instincts, close attention to detail and able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Possess needed interpersonal skills to be part of an operational team and liaising with contractors, clients, and in-house departments.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Fugro (USA) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) summarizes the federal laws prohibiting job discrimination in a poster that can be viewed here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.