- Lead comprehensive feasibility study and conceptual option through developing Mechanical Rotating detail and comprehensive project plans, analyzing the project requirements with consideration of PETRONAS Carigali long term plan, analyzing detailed plan and approach with regards to technology, methodology, commonality and impact to project objectives in order to lead to the optimum project development option in line with company objectives.
- Drive optimum design analysis and quality evaluation of detailed design by preparing and executing the contracting strategy, technical evaluation and propose recommendation of various type of design contracts, and liaise with other departments on the overall implementation leading to the completion of detailed drawings, manuals, design report and specification for optimum fabrication to meet overall project objective on cost, quality, schedule and safety.
- Develop equipment specifications, bid enquiry package and provision of engineering services for the purchase of company supplied items by preparing specifications, leading and facilitating multi-discipline evaluation teams in evaluating and recommending bid proposals in order to comply to codes and standards, regulation and company requirements for design optimization and meeting new challenges in project and operational requirements.
- Lead the implementation of new technology that suit the project and operational requirement by analyzing and preparing recommendation to ensure proven technology is used whenever possible and to select appropriate development solutions if proven technology is not available for effective cost optimization.
- Lead technical integrity check of project deliverables through execution of QA/QC functions, by means of Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP), Peer/Line Review, Project Integrated Review (PIR), QRA, Project Risk Assessment (PRA) and validation of all designs, calculations, scopes of work, specifications, bills of quantities, drawings and reports in compliance with PETRONAS Technical Standard (PTS); international codes and standard, and best practices; local authorities or government regulations.
- Provide technical expertise to Project Teams during various phases of project execution, i.e. during conceptual, detailed design, Factory Acceptance Test, troubleshooting at site during fabrication and hook-up & commissioning; and to Production Units, i.e. operational audit, management safety audit, major maintenance turnaround, specialized troubleshooting, major replacement work and major plant upgrading in order to achieve production objectives.
- Develop and review key technical and work processes such as Field Development Plan, Design Basis Memorandum, Conceptual study options, reports and recommendation of line review, Scope of Work of design package (CTR), equipment and contract package, technical specifications and evaluation criteria for the procurement of material, equipment and contract services in order to be consistent with PETRONAS and host government procedures and guidelines for fit-for-purpose and life of field solutions.
- Foster and sustain effective working relationships and rapport with the government authorities, business and management institutions, national and key industry players and service providers in order to keep abreast with latest development in the relevant markets and capitalise on insider status and strategic alliances to capture opportunities for new business ventures and enhance public confidence in the company business solutions, products and services.
- Communicate, interpret and champion the execution of the objectives and provisions of the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and Codes of Conduct and Discipline (COCD) within the working team and undertake appropriate mitigation and/or intervention programmes to safeguard business operations, high staff discipline and industrial harmony.
- Drive the development of competent working team that will enhance and sustain staff capabilities in achieving high performance delivery by determining talent requirements, instilling values of integrity, providing leadership, coaching and guidance and implementing internal successions to ensure internalisation of the right leadership and capabilities in executing their jobs.