Qualification/ Experience Required
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic / Instrument Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years as Instrument Engineer in oil, gas or related industries with demonstrated skill and knowledge in analyzer, custody metering equipment and fire & gas system.
- Knowledgeable in the design and operation of oil & gas facilities including process plants or offshore production facilities.
- Knowledge and proficient in office computer
- Strong interpersonal skills in leadership, communication, facilitation, and problem solving.
- Undertake the implementation and operation of projects (technology solution, HAZOP, conceptual design, application of new technology, pilot, etc.) with sound project management consultancy meeting the required schedule and cost / man-hour estimation to deliver service excellence.
- Undertake the analysis and identification of Plant concerns & issues in the area of Instrumentation & Controls through executing Root Cause Analysis, proposing fit for proposed technology solutions, securing supports from Technical Professionals (TPs) and preparing study report on problems and develop solutions for long term Plant sustainability.
- Analysis Review and Technology Development Perform Engineering Calculations and participate in Engineering Analysis /Review in the development of technology solutions and technical service to acquire know-how and competency in the application of engineering tools (e.g. Flow calculations, Orifice sizing, Control Valve sizing, IPF calculations, Control System PLC & DCS Programming, etc.) so as to continuously keep abreast of new developments of these tools.
- Analyze, understand and apply Standard Management Systems / Tools (OPI, RCA, RCM, POC, Energy and Loss Management, PSM, VIP, etc.) in carrying out investigation work, studies, assessment and performing plant operations in order to provide quality of work and deployment of GTS Best practices for OPUs.
- Evaluate and implement best practices, lessons learnt, etc. in relevant discipline through project implementations, information sharing in forums, workgroups, and networking event so as to capture and incorporate Best Practices into PETRONAS Technical Standards (PTS) and to support the implementation of Best Practice in all relevant OPUs.
- Foster and sustain effective working relationships and rapport with the government authorities, business and management institutions, national and key industry players and service providers to keep abreast with latest development to capture new business opportunities.
- Enforce the implementation of applicable PETRONAS procedures and guidelines and affect the compliance to statutory and legislative requirements to ensure conformance to the established Limits of Authority (LOA) to safeguard PETRONAS interest, image and reputation.
- Communicate, interpret and champion the execution of the objectives and provisions of the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and Codes of Conduct and Discipline (COCD) and undertake appropriate mitigation and/or intervention program to safeguard business operations, high staff discipline and industrial harmony.
- Drive the development of competent working team that will enhance and sustain staff capabilities in achieving high performance delivery to ensure internalization of the right leadership and capabilities in executing their jobs.
- Coordinate and implement distinctive mindset, behavior and culture to achieve high work performance by adoption and implementation of value interventions, tools and methodologies to promote and instill high sense of commitment, ownership, integrity and loyalty that will contribute to operational excellence.