To provide specialist antitrust advice within the antitrust team on a wide range of antitrust issues, including merger control filings, conduct of antitrust investigations and antitrust compliance advice. FLUENCY in English is essential and Spanish or Portuguese language proficiency would be preferred. Knowledge and experience of international antitrust laws is required.
Working closely with our other antitrust lawyers in London, Hague, Calgary and Asia (as well as Houston) you will be responsible for providing specialist antitrust advice on a wide range of issues, including merger control filings, conduct of antitrust investigations and antitrust compliance advice. You will be advising independently on a wide range of antitrust law issues and will be expected to have (or develop) significant experience in these areas.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- J.D. from an accredited law school required.
- Minimum of seven (5) years of specialist knowledge and experience of antitrust laws (gained within a highly regarded law firm, antitrust agency or in-house).
- Knowledge and experience of a number of international antitrust laws (including EU antitrust laws) is required.
- Spanish or Portuguese language proficiency is preferred.
- Solid experience in antitrust merger control, cartel investigations and antitrust compliance advice.
- An ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels in our organization and other lawyers, both in-house and in private practice.
- A knowledge of antitrust economics is a distinct advantage.
- Strong academic background and capable of applying jurisprudence in real situations.
- Influencing, negotiating and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.