Skills: WellSite Supervisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Wellsite Supervisor for a contract position, located Offshore.
This senior level supervisory and entry level management position is focused on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform and manage any Secure Drilling Services (SDS) functions as a Wellsite Supervisor. The Wellsite Supervisor must be proficient in managing all aspects related to Secure Drilling Services (SDS) as well as mentoring junior personnel. Duties and responsibilities are to supervise, manage, lead or delegate aspects of the rig up, maintenance and operation of all SDS equipment on the rig site and base when required.
The Wellsite Supervisor is the focal point between the client, rig personnel, the company crew and office; they are accountable to oversee all operational aspects relating to the SDS equipment on the rig.
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Responsible for daily communication with the clients rig site representative, client's office, and other services companies on location. Collaborate with the field engineer for technical down knowledge and assistance when needed.
- This individual is responsible for all Secure Drilling Services Operation on the rig, from a technical, equipment and safety aspect
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of SDS including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance, changing RCD elements and trouble shooting
- Interacts with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as the mud loggers, mud company, MWD and directional services, etc....
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office
- Train and mentor crew members
- Participate in pre and post job meetings with the clients
- Manage crew shifts and rotation while on the rig site
- Responsible for making sure equipment is functional and inventory lists complete before sending equipment to location as well as green tagging manifold.
- Follow all QHSE procedures and report any incidents
- Conduct safety meetings on the rig
- Know and understand the company's Quality Policy and comply with all Operating, Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of the company
- Oversees/ensures completion of daily preventative maintenance as per the checklist.
- Responsible for all Secure Drilling Services Operations on the rig, from a technical and a safety stand point.
- Have a good understanding of drilling operations.
- Responsible for all QHSE procedures of all WFT crew and report any incidents.
- Documents all jobs and incidents in the company's Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Responsible for all logistic operations on location.
- Ensures that all equipment is functional (submits for repair, if required).
- Ensures that green tagging in the shop is completed prior to mobilization.
- Required to complete the competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- At the discretion of management (Regional and/or Global), may be required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on SDS personnel when required.
- Perform various other duties and activities within the physical constraints of the job
Skills and Knowledge
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to give direction, supervise and mentor junior personnel
- Knowledge and experience with traditional drilling practices and well control
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of Secure Drilling Services, procedures and practices
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- Understand basic principles of hydraulics
- 2 years of Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- 2 years of oilfield supervisory experience
- Must be willing to travel to remote land and offshore work locations and possibly to other countries.
- Ability to travel internally in the region or globally if required attending meetings, customer office assignments or operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- 4 years of Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- 4 years of oilfield supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical Degree related to the oil and gas industry
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required