Skills: Client Representative, Captain / Master, Marine Supervisor
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
ERSG is currently looking for the Marine Superintendent to work in oir client offices in Qatar and Angola.The Marine Superintendent will act as the Company representative for the client in all operational, marine and technical matters making sure that daily operations are performed in a safe manner respecting all applicable laws and regulations (clients and Company).
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow and assist daily operations of the units working in the country.
- Act as focal point for clients in all operational and technical requirements that could arise during their activities.
- Perform crew approvals in accordance with the procedures set by the respective client.
- Follow action plans established after client audits and liaise with the vessel and owner for a proper close out.
- Perform monthly visits to the different units working in the country to evaluate vessel's condition, crew status and compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Monitor vessel's required certification status confirming all is up to date
- Make sure that company Safety Management System is being applied in the perimeter of company operations.
- Ensure that units comply with international and local regulations as well as respective ISM, ISPS code, client rules and procedures.
- Adhere to internal and external audits plans, follow up of non-conformities and corrective actions plans.
- Provide advice to vessel's Masters on operations, delivering assistance when required.
- Ensuring that all mandatory procedures (tool box talks, risk assessments, permits to work, etc.) are properly and effectible followed and applied.
- Ensure that vessels have on board the required procedures, certificates, publications, operating manuals and any documentation requested by flag state, class and client.
- Make sure that IMCA guidelines are adhered to in all DP operations, equipment condition and personnel requirements.
- Follow up and assist on vessels' local requests as well as overseas shipments. Confirming the proper and timely reception on board.
- Assist on any repair request as well as scheduled DD preparation while the vessel is in the country.
- Liaise with clients on contract follow up and requirements. Ensuring that contractual conditions are being respected.
- Maintain contact with marketing department to be aware of contracts duration and future assignment in the country.
- Assist on new contracts opportunities maintaining close contact with oil & gas companies based in the country.
- Introduce and promote the company in the local market.
- Active participation in the preparation and analysis of the operations while maintaining HSE standards of the company.
- Ensure that HSE client rules are being respected during operations.
- Act safely giving the example and report all anomalies, incidents and near misses.
- Participate in the application and follow up of HSE actions.
- Ensure that all related HSE certificates for vessels and crew are valid and comply with company and clients' requirements.
- Actively participate in the investigation of any accident or incident and produce the related report in conjunction with QHSE Manager.
- Make sure that HSE reports are properly provided to the QHSE Manager in order to issue the related KPI follow up.
- Promote safety culture and safety awareness among all units and company personnel in the country.
- Must report to QHSE Manager for all HSE related matters
- Master Unlimited license as a minimum
- Previous experience as Master on board offshore vessels. Experience in oil and gas industry (at least 6 years), shore based experience is a plus
- Fluent English language, French and Portuguese useful
Set up in 2008, ersg is a specialist energy recruitment company placing highly experienced candidates into the energy sector on a Contract, Permanent and Fixed Term Contract basis. We build global candidate pools for our clients that give them access to the best active and passive specialist candidates in the world.
We pride ourselves on sourcing the best contract and permanent staff for our clients based in the UK, Europe and beyond. Over the years, we've developed an expertise across a range of areas such as Onshore & Offshore Wind Energy, Smart Energy & Utilities, Well Engineering, Subsea & Marine and Power & Nuclear, to name but a few.